- Go to your room (of 6 billion)! - In the old days if a kid says to their parents: "I'm getting a tattoo" or "I'm wearing death metal t-shirt" or "I'm running off to join the circus" their parents would yell at them to go to their room, where they would have to "cool down" for a while, and maybe then realize that a bone through their nose or quitting school is actually stupid and their parents were right to criticize their youthful, inexperienced ideas. Nowadays, instead, they go get online and get more and more angry with the whole world, never cooling down at all. How can you keep them from their devices? We used to talk about the coming "Information Superhighway" and how it will change everything, forever. Now no one talks about it, and all the wrong people can network all that they want! This sums it up: "Well at least we haven't given everybody that wants one a supercomputer in their pocket.. wait! We have!"
- Here comes my generation, there goes the neighborhood! Like
how Hong Kong (and earlier Panama Canal) going back to previous owners
caused a cultural confusion.. before Rap music, no one knew how bad it
was in "The Ghetto" which is not really the best word for it, "The Inner
City" isn't really right either because some inner cities get expensive
and aren't bad neighborhoods any more.. I asked my brother where this
pants hanging down came from and he started saying: "In the pen
(penitentiary - the big house, serious jail) they sometimes only have a
rope to tie their pants up and.." after he explained, I realized, why would any sane person want to look like they are in the penitentiary?
I remember taking San Pablo avenue to work, past (pardon my English)
the Ho Stro' and young girls see the nails, streaks in their hair, skin tight clothes, and
so now it's become a fashion for all little girls and straight square
moms to have crazy nails and multicolored hair. I feel sorry for the hos, they
have lost their culture! Though someone else would say how come they got
all the fun.
- Warning! Immature Content! - a child see's trashy foolishness and thinks that this is how mature people think? Call it immature content - not mature! • Obama's efforts in his first months as president against "The Real World" show with drunk teens in hot tubs with strangers - and he was powerless against free speech. We didn't hire you to police our media! They said.
- The Illiterati - how the digital-devide is no more, and is it a good thing? Truly there are 2 realities, one for literate people, and one for people who aren't. Truly 2 different worlds. Still, those who think everyone should have every access aren't careful because bad people shouldn't have every tool. Devices even automatically fix spelling - or make a total mess of it. Who can spell nowadays anyway? Who can compose a correct paper? Arsenio Hall the comedian showed a real check on his comedy TV show. It was for "Six hunnit fiddy dollas." He joked, how could someone with language that poor EVEN MAKE $650? Oh nowadays.. EZ
- The Endarkenment - how we are all made more serfs unlike the Enlightenment which ended some surfdom. Mozart's opera The Marriage of Figaro was basically all about how in The Enlightenment the landowner no longer had "First Night's Rights" with a person's wife, which he had had before that. Now there seem to be hardly any censors on TV and radio. A comedian joked he said to a woman: You look whorish, and she said thank you! I saw a "comedy" TV show: "Lucy, Daughter of Satan." In ancient Indian myths they speak of the "Kali Yuga," the least spiritual times. Madonna is now the biggest selling music artist of all time. What does this tell us about our arts and culture?
- So-Called-Music - showing how music soothes the savage beast, but now savage beasts make it. Additionally, when DJs can make 50 million a year, yes million, and music programs are slashed everywhere, does anyone say that something is wrong?
- Pop Con - how everything is turned into a popularity contest, and how great artists are nothing like this. If you offered to someone to be this year's biggest hit, and next year you'll be hated, so many people would sign up. Funny how phrases about being popular are negative: "You'll blow up!" "That is the bomb!" "Blow their minds!" "Go viral!"
- Artsport - similar to the last, the idea is that great (dedicated hard work) art is not popular. Really all the awards shows have made art in our culture a competitive contest.. but remember boring monotone Ed Sullivan's show? No contest at all. No winners and losers, and the best art on the planet!
- Infocracy - how information is the new currency, how to google is the master (all praise the great Google).
- The Box - how "thinking outside of the box" is the same as thinking outside of technology, no longer done by pop culture. Everyone is stuck in "the box," cell-phone, pad, pod, gadget or device.
- Survival of the Vicious - leaders need to explain clearly how if a country moves in lots and lots of people, then a vote is taken to change the name of the area, this is not fair. It seems totally democratic - though sneaky. Now if Tirol, Scotland or some region wants to autonomize, is this what Crimea is wanting? Somebody needs to explain when this is OK, when it is not.
- Netiquitte - the proof that our form of democracy is bankrupt is comments on YouTube videos or any comments anywhere. Why are people allowed to have foul mouths - and foul comments?
- Sullivanian Art - can it go back to a dull host with no personality, no voting whatsoever at all, and great artists get the opportunity to be seen? I sure miss dull old Ed Sullivan.
- The Stupid Laws - more and more there are things so stupid that there should be laws against them.
- Liberate Discrimination - the word discriminate was hijacked and now no one can discriminate. "Never discriminate!" has made people unable to discriminate at all (good acting vs. poor, music vs. junk, philosophy vs. cult brainwashing). Discriminating tastes need to be brought back.
- How To Protect Messengers - Darwin was smart to not publish until after he passed away. Can the world evolve to where messengers such as Darwin are safe and appreciated in their day?